|Gender & Sustainability Field Facilitator||South Africa|
Gender & Sustainability Field Facilitator
Save the Children is the worlds leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save childrens lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. Were changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Role Purpose: The Gender facilitator shall be responsible for supporting the Coordinator working on all gender focused technical details of project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation in coordination with district and community level Government gender staff. In collaboration with the MEAL officer/assistant, the Gender facilitator will nsure that all activities are monitored from a gender lens .The facilitator will directly work in collaboration with Government partners to reach out to the different
Contract Duration: 7 months
· Diploma in an appropriate social and development field such as Social Science, Sociology, Development Studies, Community Development or Rural Development.
· 2 years’ experience in integrating Gender in development activities
· Demonstrated knowledge in gender perspective
· Experience in community mobilization and training
· good Networking and lobbying skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Windows/Word/Excel required.
· Must be well organized and capable of completing multiple tasks before a deadline.
· Willing to work in travel in rural areas.
· Some report writing skills
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.